Phone: 239.540.7007
A property’s title documents all of the legal procedures, details, and other important information about an estate. Moreover, it also serves as a way to prove ownership of a property. This is why, when you buy, sell, or pass on an estate to another person, you need to transfer the titles to register that transaction legally. If you’d like a guide on how you can do this, continue reading.

How to Transfer Property Titles

Run a Title Search

First of all, you’ll want to run a title search, and even acquire title insurance in Fort Myers, on the property. This will ensure that there aren’t any issues in it that could jeopardize the transfer.

Hire Assistance

For this process to go smoothly, you’ll need to abide by the law. This is why you should hire a real estate lawyer to guide you through the legal procedures and give you advice on what to do.

Write a New Deed

The next step is to write up a new deed. In it, you’ll need to include some specifics such as the property’s address, the owner’s name, who the beneficiary is, the type of deed it is (quitclaim, warranty, etc.) and more. You can have your lawyer do it, or you can follow an online template.

Review the Deed

It is strongly advised that you get together with the other party and review the deed before signing it off. This way, you’ll be able to resolve any pending matters and reach agreements.

Sign and Register

These last two steps are fairly simple. Both the owner and beneficiary will have to sign the deed. After that, one of you will have to take it to the courthouse of the county the house is in, to have it legally registered.

Call 239.540.7007 for Title Insurance in Fort Myers

If you require a reliable title services company to get through your real estate transaction in a safe manner, look no further than Schutt Law Firm, P.A. in Fort Myers. Their expertise will provide the guidance you need during those complex processes. Call for more information.

Check back on this blog for more tips, like How to Build a Good Relationship with Your Real Estate Agent.